"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars" - Les Brown

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wanting summer nights to stay forever !

Anyone else with me?
I am soaking up every summer night that is for sure. Only 2 more weekends until school starts... and one of them I work so that doesn't really count. I am so excited to start school again, but I know its going to take a lot of hard work and focus so that means not as much play time. Ready or not here it comes.

The past month has been great. So much has happened and life is good. I have learned so much through all the trials in my life but I think I have learned one of the hardest lessons through this trial.... but it was the most strengthening as well.  Forgiveness.

There is nothing that will bring us more of the Spirit of God than to … be kind, considerate, charitable, long-suffering and forgiving. There is nothing that will bring more joy to us than to be ready and willing to forgive the trespasses of our neighbors against us, and there is nothing that will bring more condemnation to us than to harden our hearts and to be bitter and vindictive in our feelings towards those by whom we are surrounded

Although I have been taught this princeple before I felt I had never really had to use it in my life the way I have had to the past 3 months. It was so hard for me to swallow my pride and realize that life will be so much better if I could just forgive Sean. I tried and tried and I feel like that harder I tried the more bitter I felt. It was truly tearing me up inside. But I know the lord always provides a way to get through our trials in his time not ours. I know I had to suffer to appreciate this principle. In the blink of an eye one day I just felt ready. Ready to talk, ready to forgive, ready to say it's ok and I want you to be happy, ready to truly let go. I guess me being angry was a way of holding on to the only part of Sean that I had left. I know we all make mistakes, all we can do is learn and grow from them and thank our heavenly father for what they have taught us. If we don't learn then all that pain was for nothing. I am grateful for everything. I want to testify how much better life is when we don't have bad feelings towards anyone.  I know there are many people out there who have had things done to them that are a million times worse then what was done to me, but I know that they to can forgive and there life will be changed. I can truly say now that this chapter of my life is closed. This is the last I will write about it. Although it still stings a little and makes me sad,  I walk away so much happier knowing that we can both find happiness still, just not together anymore. I don't think Sean could have said it any better, this is the last thing he said,  

"Thank you for being you, so perfect. I'm sorry I couldn't give you the world like I promised but someone else will I'm sure of it"

I truly know that the lord has something else and someone else instore for me and for sean. I am grateful for that knowledge and I am ready to walk away with just that with a smile on my face. 

As far as what has been going down....

Mal and Pete had a healthy beautiful baby girl

Hadlee was excited to meet her Aunt Tossy and Uncle Trevor :)
Trevor was so excited to get Hadlee her first puppy, Tahoe.... : )
Congrats Pete and Mal, Hadlee is so lucky to be born into such an amazing family.


 Vanessa and Baby Isaiah got a baby shower at the Grand America

The cake was adorable

I love my sisters and my mom!

Nessy got a lot of great things that will be useful. I am so happy for Jon and her, they are such a cute family and I just can't get enough of this little man. Isn't he adorable.

I love him!



Camping
Love these girls

Having fun with Sparklers

Nothing like sitting around the campfire with a group of friends :)

One event I had been looking forward to all summer finally came..

Tim Mcgraw and Lady Antebellum
They rocked my world

No worries Lady A will return in the fall!! YAY!

Sexy Cowboy mmmmm
Love my cousins!

Next came Moab
We got to go white water rafting, it really was such a great weekend with the girls. I didn't get too many pictures for some reason but I sure had a blast.

Birthdays
The twins are 1!! I can't believe how fast that year went for me at least.

Oh how they have grown


Can you say trouble?

They didn't like sitting still for a picture. Isabella is such a great big sister she isn't very happy here her wings were hurting she said. I love them all to death!

Yummy beautiful cake!

Most of my nights consist of me and this guy :)
Many movie nights

Mini Golf

Lagoon

Just being gangsters... thats how we roll


Can you say leatherbees peanut butter cup??? We love it!


Never a dull moment


I don't know who else I could spend 3 hours with playing arcade games. At the end of our adventure we had won 530 tickets.
 We purchased:
These amazing gangster shades
A whoopie Cushion
Noise puddy
Matching braclets
&
Candy
Thanks for ALWAYS being you Trev, you are as real as they come!
Trevor has been here through thick and thin, he has become my very best friend. I don't know what I would do without him. I thank my heavenly father for him. He always puts a smile on my face thats for sure!

Well thats a quick update.
Now is the start to a stay-cation with my parents. We were going to go to San Diego but things just didn't work out. So we are going to stay here and do some fun stuff in the mountains and around town. Tonight we went to cheesecake factory. It was so much fun! I love my parents! I am excited to have a week off of work and just hang out here!


Peace and Love

Out Yo ;)


P.S. I forgot to mention.. I finally got the camera I have been waiting to get. Its the Canon's first smaller camera with a great optical zoom. Im a little obsessed..... sometimes the only person to take pictures of is myself so deal with ok :) haha



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the long update!! so good to see your happy and doing so many fun things. I miss you tossy. Oh and ps you and trev should def get married!! soo cute together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay- I'm happy you updated :) We have been fillin the summer up! Let's not let it slip away even once you're in school. The weather's still good :] We're thinkin..drive in. Rodeo tonight. Demolition Derby Saturday.

    ReplyDelete